LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 Per-Game Configs

altrewin

Hi Guys, First off, love LaunchBox to bits. I've already got my N64 collection up and running and I'm working on my PS2 setup now. My issue is as follows - As some of you may know, a fair few PS2 games require a tweak or two to get working without glitches, now before I discovered LaunchBox I had my games added in Steam via the non-steam game bit which allows some commandline tweaks (most importantly --cfgpath="Path"). Now I know this is possible to do with LaunchBox, but the method seems more longwinded than it needs to be. Currently I have to setup seperate emulators (generally with the naming scheme "PCSX2 [GAME]" and set each game to work with their corresponding emulator setup. Surely there must be a way to allow commandline without having to setup extra emulators?

Hi Altrewin, First go to the Emulation Tab and uncheck the "Use emulator to play this game" box. (See photo below) step-1.jpg Then go to the Launcher Tab. Type the full path to your emulator exe in the Application Path area. In the Application Command-Line Parameters area enter your Command-Lines followed by the the full path to your ISO, the full path must be in quotations. (See the photo below) step-2.jpg

Hi there, Thanks for the help with this, your solution seems to work perfectly! However I was also wondering if there is a way to do the same thing using relative paths to keep with the portable nature of LaunchBox? For example if I wanted to move my collection to an external HDD to save some space, with the current solution I'd have to make sure the drive was set as "Z:" in whatever PC I used it on.

altrewin said Hi there, Thanks for the help with this, your solution seems to work perfectly! However I was also wondering if there is a way to do the same thing using relative paths to keep with the portable nature of LaunchBox? For example if I wanted to move my collection to an external HDD to save some space, with the current solution I'd have to make sure the drive was set as "Z:" in whatever PC I used it on.
Ok try and see if this works for you, when you enter the path in the command-line and the application path to the exe. "..\..\..\..\LaunchBox\ the rest of the path to exe or iso" the ..\..\..\.. is important! I think as long as you have everything inside the LaunchBox folder it should work. I didn't try to move the location to a USB drive I have my stuff scattered because I use hyperspin before.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. I have a feeling it is the fault of PCSX2 and not LaunchBox. PCSX2 loads fine, but it refuses to detect the config or the game if relative paths are used. However after some tinkering it works now, the problem was that when using relative paths it's calling it from PCSX2's directory. So all configs and games need to be in there for it to work! Guess it's time to reorganise my setup a bit! For any others having trouble here's my setup now. Application Path: Emulators\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe Application Command-Line Parameters: --cfgpath="GameConfigs\GAME" "Games\GAME.iso" Where "GAME" is whatever game you are loading, for example if you wanted to create a profile for Rayman, the parameters would be: "--cfgpath="GameConfigs\Rayman" "Games\Rayman.iso" Thanks for the help ps4! While the last solution wasn't quite right it helped me in the right directionSmile

• 2 years later...

I just realized all of my PS2 games will not launch....I changed the games to launch LaunchBoxPCSX2.exe  instead, and I get 'loading generic profile' and then the following error about unexpected parameter:

To fix it and launch a game, I unchecked the box to load Customs shows in the last image here, but I don't want to do this individually for the many, many PS2 games I have...I cannot move the games into the PCSX2 folder, they are in the launchbox\games\ps2 folder...

How can I uncheck this option in bulk or otherwise fix this error with all my other games that have the check marked? Any help appreciated!

- Brett

ps2_1.JPG

ps2_2.JPG

ps2_3.JPG