LaunchBox Community Forums

My Launchbox Suggestions

haniobaid

1- Add (auto value) none on sidebar selections similar to the exiting (auto value) All. 2- Checkbox in preferences which will auto display the game release year (if any) in front of the game title in the listings similar to imdb. eg. Tomb Raider I (1996) 3- Display percentage next to zoom slider 4- Add (forward/back) arrows to the (Edit Game) dialog that will switch the dialog to the next game on the list currently on screen 5- Add a side bar on the right that displays the information for the currently selected game (same info currently displayed in tooltip form on hitting the info button) 6- Add a Series field on the main tab 7- similar to image option, allow adding launch path to the game manual. (simple launch selected path using default software configured to handle it) 8- Add an Append option for multivalue fields to the multi game edit feature. So for example, you can add a genere to a set of games without replacing any existing genres these games already have. Right now (replace all) is enabled by default for multivalue fields 9- for none full screen image browser dialog, the previous next buttons move by themselves when you start with a smaller image (like a cover) and the next image is bigger. This doesn't happen in the opposite situation where the subsequent image is smaller than the current one since the window already expanded. If possible make the location of the buttons centered/absolute compared to the current windows resolution so they won't move as you click them, or otherwise display the larger window to start with. 10- not sure if this is implemented already, but in the spirit of portability, ensure no use of the windows registry and that all options are logged either in ini file form in the installation folder or within the database. 11- If possible for steam games import, detect game installation path and add it to a game path field. (inside steam this is done through the browse local files button but I'm not sure if there is an external equivalent. The purpose is in case steam decides to disable the ability to launch the game through steam urls in the future (currently I'm using the configure field to link to the game exe directly) 12- Ability to import a single new steam game (possibly by adding id) or selecting from list in cases where the user got new steam games and doesn't want to rescan everything. 13- Currently you have a main launch url and a config url. I suggest adding 2 more launch fields so that you have 4 in all, and next to each launch field an optional label field where the first label field is fixed as (Play) i.e. the main launch url. The other 3 can be used for a setup file launch, or to launch a user manual, or to launch a game editor, or to alternately launch in dx11 for example for games which have 2 exe files for different dx versions. If they are populated all four fields should be displayed on the games right click menu using the specified label. This idea is based on the same feature in the old DBGL java launcher which makes very flexible for all situations. 14. Support auto update. (retaining previous data) 15.Since you plan on adding multiple game db search option on premium. I suggest having an option in the config screen to sort and enable/disable them by preference. so for example if someone prefers wikipedia they can move it up the list so its search results will display first. 16. The delete button on the right click menu is too close and in between the high traffic (Edit) & (Add) options. I suggest moving (delete) up to the less used options in the menu. 17. Add (dashed line) at end of (arrange by) menu followed by a reverse toggle (which can be used to display items in the opposite of the selected order) Final Note: The product even in its current state is more than worth paying for and I will definitely be one of those to buy the premium version. please support paypal payment for it and allow upgrading from the current free version to premium without losing entire database. I also suggest making multiple payment options for the premium edition. So that there is 1 premium version but multiple payment levels for those who want to pay more. (eg. $10, $25, $50, $75, $100).

18. On left sidebar, suffix each entry with the number of items. example if I have left sidebar set to platform: Dos (20) PC (205) There may be performance considerations. If so it could be disabled by default with a checkbox to enable it. 19. On the premium version (options dialog, Theme, Colors), as you switch the combo box of color selection if possible show the application with those colors or if too complex to do it so quickly as you switch colors, add a preview button to that screen to avoid happening to click ok which and have to reopen the dialog to see what each set of colors will look like.

Hi hani, #18 has been a popular request so I'll likely be adding that soon. Per #19, I remember trying to make that happen during development for something like 2 hours, and finally giving up on it. Just had too many issues trying to refresh the parent window while the modal dialog box was open. But yeah, I agree, I need to go back to that.

20. In the (Add Game) dialog, above the image area, there is an x icon to delete images. Add a (+) icon to add an image. You can click on the launchbox logo or right click but the button would be more intuitive. 21. On selecting (add image) the dialog that appears is single-value. If possible change it to multi value, so if I have to manually add a game, I can just select all the images at once from the dialog rather than add them one at a time. 22. Currently the scroll bars on the list screen and on the left side bar is only draggable or scrollable but not clickable. Meaning you can move down the list by grabbing the filled in area and moving it down or by selecting any entry then using your mouse scroll wheel but you can't click on the end of the scroll bar (the none filled part of the scroll) to go down. This isn't a big deal but is a nice to have for usability. 23. Add a (Media) field where we can specify what format the game comes in (eg. 4 cds, 2 DVDs, online download) 24. Export to HTML - This is good for sharing your list with friends. Allow selecting which fields to export (Title required obviously) and generate html table from it.

• 7 months later...