LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: Have currently select game stay in view after resizing window or showing/hiding sidebars

AndromedaToast

I've noticed that if you make any changes to the interface of LaunchBox (either intentionally by resizing the window, or unintentionally by showing or hiding any of the sidebars), then all the game covers get reordered. But if you had a cover selected, it gets pushed up or down, often out of view and you lose track of the game you were looking at causing you to get very disoriented. I looked at another program I use, an image browser called ACDsee to see how they handled it (and after all, LaunchBox at its core is really an image browser), and I noticed if I opened a folder of a few hundred images, scrolled down a bit and selected one, and then changed the size of the interface by resizing the window or turning on or off sidebars, the image I had selected would automatically stay in view, even as the number of columns were changing around it causing all the images to be reordered. Why not have whatever game is selected stay in focus when the number of columns change? For example, the selected game will always appear on the top row if any changes to the interface cause a reordering of the covers.