LaunchBox Community Forums

Premium Feature adjustments

xwing

Hi I've been using Launchbox for awhile now and decided to get the premium version. I really like the frontend but some of the things about the premium version are kind of disappointing. Firstly I don't really appreciate my full name being visible from the titlebar (i.e "Licensed to [X]). I have streamed games in the past and don't really like giving out my full name. Also the custom filters aren't exactly what I expected (this is kind of my fault for not looking into it more). I expected to be able to construct my own lists of games however I realize now it's more of a smartlist where you enter in details you want the program to look for. This isn't really what I was looking for as I had it in mind to use the feature to create a "backlog list" and "100%" list as "completed: yes/no" isn't specific enough. I know it probably sounds like I'm nitpicking but these seem like really simple changes to make and implement and would vastly improve the software.

Hi xwing, thanks for the purchase! I'm sorry you're disappointed on a few things. Per the title bar, that's the only form of copy protection that I've added; I've chosen to do that instead of crippling the application with DRM, so unfortunately, that has to stay. I would understand if you wanted a refund because of this; I would certainly oblige. Per the filters, it sounds like you're looking for a "playlist" of sorts? That has been discussed and I do have it on my list to implement. I'll look into it and see if I can bump up the priority. Again, thanks for the purchase, and I hope the title bar thing isn't a deal breaker for you. Jason

Oh no, I certainly wouldn't ask for a refund over something like that. Even the free version of the frontend is great so I don't feel like I've lost out or anything. Being that the licence xml still contains my full name and personal email I thought that would be enough to deter me and others from sharing the software, but I can understand that you're pretty adamant about this point and I can respect that. I did manage to find a workaround to get it how I wanted using the custom filters however. I used the "status" in place of how complete the game currently is. This lets me create custom filters for "100%, backlog, complete, currently completing, want to 100%" and I can batch edit games to adhere to this which is great. Of course I have to erase "imported from steam, imported rom" to do this, so the proposed playlist feature should be even better for this purpose, especially if you can put a "add to playlist [X]" in the right-click context menu (much like in a music player). Thanks for the reply Smile