LaunchBox Community Forums

launch emulator on second monitor

mattjyk

i've searched the forums and tried google and haven't found a way to solve my problem. i have my pc hooked up to my tv as a second monitor with launch box on it. when i launch a game on launch box from my couch it opens the game on my computer screen. is there a way to make it launch the game on my tv?

mattjyk said i've searched the forums and tried google and haven't found a way to solve my problem. i have my pc hooked up to my tv as a second monitor with launch box on it. when i launch a game on launch box from my couch it opens the game on my computer screen. is there a way to make it launch the game on my tv?
Is it launching on the monitor you want when you launch it with just the Emulator? I have a feeling that this is an emulator issue. If it is a LB issue, it could be the command line. Are you using any command line arguments on the specific emulator? There might be an argument to launch it on a specific monitor regardless of who's issue this could be.

A lot of games tend to do this if you have both screens running. A simple fix is to just have one screen running at a time if possible. Alternatively you could try "Retroarch" which allows you to set the output screen. You can of course continue to run LB in partnership with it, as I myself do. PS Sorry guys, I mentioned Retroarch again...

I'm using pcsx2, which doesn't have a retroarch core. i've tried messing with pcsx2 to get it to open on the tv but it doesn't work. right now i'm trying to find a way my controller can hit winkey+shift+left to move pcsx2 to my tv. ds4windows can make macros but it's bugged atm.

mattjyk said I'm using pcsx2, which doesn't have a retroarch core. i've tried messing with pcsx2 to get it to open on the tv but it doesn't work. right now i'm trying to find a way my controller can hit winkey+shift+left to move pcsx2 to my tv. ds4windows can make macros but it's bugged atm.
Xpadder could do some keyboard to controller mapping for you. I also saw that DS4Windows update, I never bother with macro's generally so I had no clue it was bugged. There is an alternative that I have used in the past, the only problem I had with it was some performance issues. It is called UltraMon. It is software for users with multiple screens. One beauty of the program is you can specify to it if you want a certain program launching on what screen and how. http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/tour/shortcuts.asp There are multiple desktop program alternatives, there a re a few out there. but I forgot the name of the other one I used. They're not free however, so try their free version to see if the feature I described works or if you even like it. I'm sure you could find it online if you really wanted to.

mattjyk said I'm using pcsx2, which doesn't have a retroarch core. i've tried messing with pcsx2 to get it to open on the tv but it doesn't work. right now i'm trying to find a way my controller can hit winkey+shift+left to move pcsx2 to my tv. ds4windows can make macros but it's bugged atm.
Another useful alternative is Autohotkey which Launchbox already uses. It isn't specific to game controllers so it has a little bit of a learning curve(more time than difficultly) but once you get to grips with it you find yourself using it for all sorts from loading game ISOs in frontends to automating Windows tasks etc.

Ugh, um, yeah. I didn't read all the bickering, just deleted it. For what it's worth, I happen to *love* Retroarch. Duckeenie, probably best not to start (or encourage) pointless battles. And Brad, he *did* have a point...try not to be so needlessly condescending, please (and I'd prefer if you didn't use "we" when discussing your own opinions). But there's nothing but love around here (at least coming from me). ;) Matt, sorry for that lol...every emulator is different so the behavior of which screen it shows up on will depend on the emulator. That said, you *might* have some luck using the Windows display settings to make the TV your primary monitor (I would guess that would work). Hugs and kisses, Jason