LaunchBox Community Forums

Bulk Game Info Management

spiffyfitz

Hi and THANK YOU for LaunchBox... Bought the paid version last night. It is going to make my mini arcade I bled sweat and tears (and spent about 20 hours) downloading and attempting to set up about 15 different pieces of software and NONE of them perform and work as easily and quickly as LaunchBox! I love it so far. Since I'm new to the software, this feature might already be included but it's not very clear to me: One feature I'd love to see is a bulk Game Info management (much like in iTunes you can select multiple songs, right click and edit the metadata for all of them at the same time). So when I have platforms like "GameBoy Advance" and "Nintendo Game Boy Advance" I can just consolidate them all at once. I love the image (gamesdb) and text data (wikipedia) download function. It is totally awesome... although it misses about 30% of my ROM collection, it's really not that big of a deal to go back and go into the info for that particular game and grab the info really quickly from the search box... However, I am very quickly running out of space on my (very small) SSD. It would be awesome to be able to pick and choose which images to bulk delete from the Images folder, (I do not care for fan-art or backs of boxes, for example)-- and would save many precious GBs on my SSD. I think I've seen similar requests here on the forum, about picking and choosing which images to download. Secondary request: A teeny tiny music player that loops music from a playlist and starts playing when LaunchBox starts, and stops when it loses focus! This would complete the package! Alternatively, I could probably manage with a 64GB USB drive, but that would mean another purchase I can't quite justify yet! :) Anyway, thanks for LaunchBox! -spiffyfitz

spiffyfitz said Hi and THANK YOU for LaunchBox... Bought the paid version last night. It is going to make my mini arcade I bled sweat and tears (and spent about 20 hours) downloading and attempting to set up about 15 different pieces of software and NONE of them perform and work as easily and quickly as LaunchBox! I love it so far. Since I'm new to the software, this feature might already be included but it's not very clear to me: One feature I'd love to see is a bulk Game Info management (much like in iTunes you can select multiple songs, right click and edit the metadata for all of them at the same time). So when I have platforms like "GameBoy Advance" and "Nintendo Game Boy Advance" I can just consolidate them all at once. I love the image (gamesdb) and text data (wikipedia) download function. It is totally awesome... although it misses about 30% of my ROM collection, it's really not that big of a deal to go back and go into the info for that particular game and grab the info really quickly from the search box... However, I am very quickly running out of space on my (very small) SSD. It would be awesome to be able to pick and choose which images to bulk delete from the Images folder, (I do not care for fan-art or backs of boxes, for example)-- and would save many precious GBs on my SSD. I think I've seen similar requests here on the forum, about picking and choosing which images to download. Secondary request: A teeny tiny music player that loops music from a playlist and starts playing when LaunchBox starts, and stops when it loses focus! This would complete the package! Alternatively, I could probably manage with a 64GB USB drive, but that would mean another purchase I can't quite justify yet! :) Anyway, thanks for LaunchBox! -spiffyfitz
Thank you for the support! It helps Jason and I a lot. So bulk edit kicks in when you select two or more entries and click edit then the bulk edit wizard will appear instead of the original edit context menu.