LaunchBox Community Forums

Might be useful

Maddoc1007

I came across these and find them useful maybe some of ye here can find them useful too. The first one is a 4gb patch for patching exe's that are 32bit as you know 32bit applications only use 2gb memory while 64bit use all your memory this patch when used with any 32bit application or game use the 4gb memory read post in link for a better description http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php The second one is a patch manifest for epsxe that makes it DPI aware read post http://ngemu.com/threads/dpi-awerenes-of-epsxe.175185/ click on link in 2nd post espxe.exe.manifest it will download, then you paste it in epsxe emulator folder.

I've used the Large Address Aware method on Fallout, Elder Scrolls and a few other games. It makes a huge difference, especially when you have 120+ mods on Fallout 3 / New Vegas and Skyrim. Be careful however on what programs you do this with and make sure to create a backup of the original exe. This can cause some programs to become faulty and buggy. Also, never do this with OS required software.

I didn't get an improvement on PCSX2 personally, but it really depends on someones PC. Sometimes you'll get an increase in performance, sometimes you wont. Most applications are moving towards 64bit too which is better. I praise Dolphin and RetorArch for doing this. Hell, RA can take some serious power depending on the Core and settings you use. It was using 1500mb of my VRAM last night for a PS1 game.

Wow thats a lot of vram for a ps1 game as my computer isnt as modern or as much of a power horse small things tend to make a difference. I agree 64 bit is way better and hopefully some day in the not too distant future most of the emulators will be 64bit as i tend to use individual emulators per platform rather than one with cores for the different platforms.

I tend to go for specific emulators too, and I am going to use ePSXe for a while because I want to do an LP of Grandia, and I can't get it to look right in RA. With some shaders I tried to enable and trying to scale the internal res of the PS1 game, RA crashed saying it requested more VRAM than my card has, which is 4GB! It's a GTX 970 for crying out loud! I am just, essentially, trying to get an internal resolution increase, but that doesn't work the same for Pixelated games which Grandia is. You can make the game a higher resolution without doing that blending BS. I hate pixels that get blended to create a fake 3D model or rounded edges. I like to see each pixel, not an algorithm. I just can't seem to achieve that easily on RA. All of the shaders want to round out the pixels, I just want to make it sharper.