LaunchBox Community Forums

How slow/fast is your ISP?

CadetStimpy

I get pretty good speeds. This is around my average (low 90's for download (10-15 for upload)): SpeedTest.jpg My ISP (as you can see from the lower-left corner of the 'speed test' screenshot) is Comcast/Xfinity. Click here if ya wanna check your speed. P.S. I'd be interested to see what you folks in foreign countries (or U.S. folks in the 'middle-of-nowhere' or huge metro areas) get.

FIOS main advertising points is upload speeds that match download speeds because if you use FIOS you will never be half-fast so due to that they probably make sure that the up speed is good. Plus 57 down is pretty good I don't really suffer from any performance issues and my torrents all get pretty good speeds. If you don't mind me asking do you pay extra to get that speed?

Well, I have "Blast!" in my Internet 'Bundle'. My bill doesn't reflect the break-down of the Blast! cost (WTF?), but my Comcast bill (TV and Internet only - no phone (I use MagicJack)) is under $94/mo. I'm on a 'Promo Deal', so my bill will be going up eventually, but not by a crazy amount (I think it will be $20-$30 more/month when the 'promo' runs out). But since I'm getting awesome download speeds, I'll probably continue to pay it.

• 5 months later...
I can't explain this, as my 'ISP Bundle' hasn't changed (as far as I know), but look how fast it is now compared to the first Post in this Thread. Confused, but Smile! It just doesn't 'compute' that my service is faster (almost twice on the download), but Xfinity isn't charging me more. I suppose it'll come eventually, and probably sooner than later. Frown (Upload speed is kinda puny, but the Download speeds are crankin')! SpeedTest-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...