LaunchBox Community Forums

Favorite Freeware Repository (hopefully)

CadetStimpy

Driver Booster used to be seperate, like a lot of the programs in the toolbox, but it all got combined. Because of it being combined, the main scanning it does and the amount of options, it's bundled software the the things it can do I just chose it. I had tried 1 or 2 others, and they actually broke my systems. The last 4-5 years though I started using ASC, and between that + Malwarebytes Antimalware I get very little issues with my systems or systems I put that software on. There will never not be problems, but I've certainly never had virus issues, space issues, programs leaving a bunch of files behind of an untidy system. I also know my AppData folder well and what goes where, what's safe to delete when (like I delete my Premiere Pro Cache every so often when it gets to be over 150GB). I just find it super useful. The RAM booster can be damaging to systems though. While it's a great RAM monitor, and can free up RAM very easily, I actually found it to effect the system in a negative way if you make it too over bearing. Early on with LB I found that it was giving me some performance problems actually. Otherwise, every other tool in that Toolbox or the scans have their uses. I run the general scan with Registry Clean, Junk Files Clean and Shortcuts Fix every few days and Spyware Removal, System Optimization, Security Defense and Vulneribility Fix every few weeks.

SentaiBrad said The last 4-5 years though I started using ASC, and between that + Malwarebytes Antimalware I get very little issues with my systems or systems I put that software on.
Interestingly, several years ago Malwarebytes sued (or was gonna sue) IOBits. Click here for details.

I just wanna find the best overall 'Tweaking Suite' and use it exclusively, instead of using different parts of different ones. Confused Most of the time I don't really know if it's doing any good, anyway. Laugh Many so-called experts claim, for example, that Registry Cleaners really do very little to improve real-world performance, but I'm not personally inclined to experiment with it that much. Smile