LaunchBox Community Forums

Speakin' of Myst! -> Obduction

CadetStimpy

gradientpixel said Have you played any of the Broken Sword series?
No, but I watched the Trailer for the 5th one, and it looks interesting. It appears there's quite a story to go along with the game-play. And I, for one, don't mind cartoon-style animation. I really like most Hayao Miyazaki films (Spirited Away, Ponyo, The Secret World of Arrietty, etc.), so 'cartoonish' games are fine with me. Does this series have an over-abundance of, "Crap, I gotta look at the 'walk-through' again", or are many puzzles actually solvable by someone much less sleuth-skilled then Sherlock Holmes? Smile Some of the challenges in these puzzle-type games are insanely difficult, for me, anyway. Laugh

I agree on that with those insane puzzles that make your head want to explode. I have only played one of the games in the series on the PS2 emulator; Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon. There is some stuff that hints as you may know more of what is going on if you start at the beginning but I didn't and still was able to fully understand the story. The game even provided synopsis of the previous two; didn't look at those however. As far as the difficulty goes most puzzles were realistic on being able to solve. I completed Sleeping Dragon all on my own. One puzzle I was very tempted to go look up but I was soon to find the next day that if everything is investigated thoroughly enough I was able to solve the puzzle. Once I get my problem with a PS1 emulator to work I will get the two on that console. There may be older ones on PC; not sure yet. Definitely recommend playing and the story is good along with some humour.