LaunchBox Community Forums

Question about re-scanning folders

DOS76

I was looking around in LaunchBox to look at a Game Gear version of Shining Force when I saw that it had all kind of nonsense letter characters so I wanted to check if I had multiple games and if so which versions. It turned out I had numerous bad dumps and alternates Public Domain games and all the other stuff that comes with getting full sets after cleaning up the folder to remove all of that I was wondering if there is a way I can get LaunchBox to rescan the platform and remove all of the games that I removed from the folder.

DOS76 said I was looking around in LaunchBox to look at a Game Gear version of Shining Force when I saw that it had all kind of nonsense letter characters so I wanted to check if I had multiple games and if so which versions. It turned out I had numerous bad dumps and alternates Public Domain games and all the other stuff that comes with getting full sets after cleaning up the folder to remove all of that I was wondering if there is a way I can get LaunchBox to rescan the platform and remove all of the games that I removed from the folder.
Short answer is no. However, with how the new images should work, this might be easier than before. Do the remove image cache option. Then delete the platforms games, don't do remove image cache again. Then reimport the folder. As long as the names are the same, apparently it should just import the images that were already downloaded. You still have to go through an import process, and it might not automatically pick the images correctly, but if the images automatically populate themselves it should be a lot faster.