LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 7 and 8.1 users

DOS76

That's the thing though, OS Upgrades shouldn't be predicated on "If it's not broke don't fix it" necessarily. Upgrading from working OS to working OS is extremely common. I did it from 7 -> 8 (8.1) -> 10 and each upgrade worked flawlessly (7 to 8 was a fresh install). Each OS has their own odd issues, but every single OS does. So each time there will be some specific things to change, but if you have the right software it's very easy to make each OS do what you want it to do and you can easily do that with all 3. Unless it's really old software, which has issues running on 7 and 8 anyways, then most everything else was already working on W10 out of the box or updated fairly quickly. The inherent OS Security updates, the better performance, if you like the UI (which can be changed to a certain extent), the OS can take better advantage of newer hardware, certain software only being usable on the latest, hell even BigBox just inherently runs better on Windows 10 and it was nothing we did specifically it was just what Microsoft was able to do with the updated OSes architecture. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone has to upgrade, if you really don't want to then you really don't have to, but the decision is not about it not being broken. It should be the same philosophy for any OS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS.