LaunchBox Community Forums

Support for drive labels when mounting images in DOSBox

sylandro

I have a couple of DOS games that need the mounted CD to have a specific label or else they won't be found by the game. It would be great for the Automatic Mount editor to support custom labels when you mount a disk drive or disk image in DOSBox. Right now DOSBox supports this by adding the -label tag after the mount command: Z:\>MOUNT D D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl -label GAME_CD However, there is no way to set this value right now inside Launchbox. I was using D-Fend Reloaded before switching to Launchbox, and its Mount editor supports this feature. When I imported my D-Fend profiles to Launchbox, all the automatic mount settings were not recognized. Looking inside the .prof file, these are the unrecognized lines: NrOfMounts=4 0=.\Games\Dosbox\VirtualHD;Drive;C;False;; 1=.\Games\Dosbox\VirtualHD\DOSBOX\C&CRA\CD1\;CDROM;F;false;CD1 2=.\Games\Dosbox\VirtualHD\DOSBOX\C&CRA\CD2\;CDROM;E;false;CD2 3=.\Games\Dosbox\VirtualHD\DOSBOX\C&CRA\CD3\;CDROM;D;false;CD4

Yeah, I used the old D-Fend importer some months ago, before it was deprecated. I had to manually replace some values that were not imported correctly by manually editing the xml using regular expressions. It was a bit painful but I got it working. Until now, the only thing I didn't notice that wasn't working was the auto-mount feature. For me, adding an option to specify a custom label in Launchbox would be much more convenient than manually writing the autoexec, not only for the obvious reasons but because I have to specify an absolute path in it (for example: mount c:\program files\etc) whereas a relative path is not recognized by dosbox (.\games\etc). I like to keep relative paths for my configurations since I like to keep my folders portable.

Sure, makes sense. That was one of the biggest reasons why I implemented mounts like that to begin with. Hopefully I can tackle that soon. That said, I don't recall exactly how it works, but I do force DOSBox to allow relative paths. I believe it just has to do with the current directory when you start up DOSBox, which I consistently set to the DOSBox folder underneath LaunchBox.