LaunchBox Community Forums

Request: "Other Versions"?

Kriven

Right now it seems like the preferred way of handling multiple versions (example: handling the Steam version of a game which is already owned on another service) is to add them as an "Additional Application" and that works well, but could a checkbox be added to the "Add App" window that would allow users to designate whether or not that application is a different version of the game? I'd like this for a few reasons, although the primary one is because I'd like all apps designated "Other Version" to be listed under "Play" in Big Box... for example, "Play - Play Steam Version - Play Windows 98 Version". This way such other versions do not become lost in the other applications associated with a game.

Those would be nifty as well. I just mainly want all the items which actually launch the game (either this version or another) to be grouped near the top. Although it would be cool to have the "Show in Big Box" ticker available for a few things... like for instance, if I wanted to hide links to folders or to the emulator in Big Box because I know when I'm in Big Box it isn't emulator or folder management time, it would be cool to hide those. I know they aren't additional apps, but the "Show/Hide" ticker would present a few cool things. I also think somebody else had an issue with those menu items. It's probably not easy, but maybe allow users to customize the arrangement order of items in Big Box?

Along these lines, do you think you could add an option to play an Additional App using a different emulator? That would probably help with organizing cross-platform versions (for instance, the many versions of Donkey Kong or Mario Bros. or Pac-Man).