LaunchBox Community Forums

Rules and regulations needed for the community DB

mannyi31

Jason, I would like to contribute to the current DB but I cannot find any rules and regulations for people that like to contribute additions to missing games within the DB. What I mean is are you going to keep things PG13 or will you allow people to add adult theme games with metadata and art? I can see people trying to sync their hentai game collection in here and I just wanted to bring this up before it comes as a surprise and the DB becomes dirty. Personally I would prefer the DB is kept PG13 and people can keep those kind of game collections private. Maybe add a "do not sync this" button or checkbox to a category that does not need to be sync within launchbox. Manny

Disregard, I just read the moderators guidelines and item number 12 answers this question. I would suggest changing the name to include regular contributors as targeting them with these rules will in the long run help the moderators job on filtering. I still would suggest to have the ability to exclude categories from sync within launchbox in case users want to keep certain things private.

Hi Manny, thanks much for chiming in. My personal preference is to indeed keep it PG-13 as well. We do have some users who want the ability to upload stuff that isn't, but at this point the rules are that nudity is not allowed. Before we ever allow nudity we will implement an age gate and an option to hide those games. We are in the process of discussing and coming up with the rules here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/games-database-news-and-updates/moderator-guidelines Thanks!