LaunchBox Community Forums

Gba and Nds

sammyboy1414

sammyboy1414 said How do I use a emulator thats not on the list of emulators? I want to run my gba ands games but I dont wanna use stupid retroarch?! How to use VBA or NO$GBA HELP SOMEONE! D:
Well first, calm down. Second, you can manually add any emulator you want. That list is just a recommendations and it auto fills the command line parameters if the emulator needs it; which most don't except for RetroArch which does need the Console specific parameters to select a core. You do not NEED to use the emulators LaunchBox suggests. You can use VBA-M or Desmume or any other emulator you want for anything. Just take a look around LaunchBox. Your top menu bar is your bestfriend. Tools -> Manage Emulators. For a few specific consoles, I do find RetroArch to be the best... even if its daunting at first. Some consoles I prefer it for its ultimate simplicity and universality with my PS4 controller. Is there any specific RetroArch problems I can help with as well? If you are interested. Also, you posted twice. You didn't need to.

sammyboy1414 said How do I use a emulator thats not on the list of emulators? I want to run my gba ands games but I dont wanna use stupid retroarch?! How to use VBA or NO$GBA HELP SOMEONE! D:
VBA does not need any command line information. Just add the emulator, name it, add the exe path, and set it as the default emulator. If you already have all of the games in LB then select the first game then press the shft key and end key at the same time to select all, right click, edit. The baulk edit wizard will display, select next, then select emulator, and select the newly made VBA, follow the prompts and you should be good. If you need this in a deeper step-by-step let us know.

Well it should be noted that if you add an emulator as a default then import the games it will set the emulator to the games you've just imported by default; assuming you've set the console correctly. PS4's explanation of editing need only apply if you need to change the emulator to a game you've already added. Bulk editing is a life saver in this regard.

SentaiBrad said Well it should be noted that if you add an emulator as a default then import the games it will set the emulator to the games you've just imported by default; assuming you've set the console correctly. PS4's explanation of editing need only apply if you need to change the emulator to a game you've already added. Bulk editing is a life saver in this regard.
Yes, sorry forgot to mention that. And yes it is a huge life saver, thank you to Jason for adding that feature.Smile