LaunchBox Community Forums

Error after upgrade to 4.9

jpaparone

Last version I was using was 4.1 (hadn't updated in awhile) - purchased a premium license, and downloaded 4.9 installer - now I get the following error when I attempt to open Launchbox: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetPlatforms() at LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetValidPlatformName(String name) at LaunchBox.Data.Platform..ctor(String name, String folder, String defaultName) at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load() at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare) at LaunchBox.Program.Main(String[] args) I'm hesitant to delete/uninstall because I don't know how to save all of my imports/metadata/etc

jpaparone said Last version I was using was 4.1 (hadn't updated in awhile) - purchased a premium license, and downloaded 4.9 installer - now I get the following error when I attempt to open Launchbox: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetPlatforms() at LaunchBox.Search.LocalDb.GetValidPlatformName(String name) at LaunchBox.Data.Platform..ctor(String name, String folder, String defaultName) at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load() at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare) at LaunchBox.Program.Main(String[] args) I'm hesitant to delete/uninstall because I don't know how to save all of my imports/metadata/etc
Just back up your current LaunchBox.xml file. This holds all of your entries and metadata. As long as you keep this XML with your current image folder everything will carry over. This could be an issue with the XML, this could not. Rename both the XML and Images folder something like LaunchBox.bak and Images bak. Then start up LB. It will generate two new files for you. This should give us some sort of indication.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delayed response - I wasn't able to work on it again for some time. I backed up the images and xml file per SentaiBrad's direction, deleted and re-installed launchbox. Copied the backed up files and things are working great. Thanks!

jpaparone said Sorry for the delayed response - I wasn't able to work on it again for some time. I backed up the images and xml file per SentaiBrad's direction, deleted and re-installed launchbox. Copied the backed up files and things are working great. Thanks!
Well I am happy that it got fixed then!