LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - Image and video audit tool

CADScott

Hi Jason, Many thanks for the great software, I have a request that I think would benefit many people here and would certainly satisfy my OCD! I would love to see a way that we could audit each game, and generate a report or list of which images, videos, manuals and music are present and which are missing. Due to the fuzzy logic matching that is used in Launchbox, it is currently quite difficult and very time consuming to check that all games have their media present. Currently I have to go through each game in Big Box individually to check if there is any media missing, which requires going into the game details on every game and checking if there is a manual also! Even something as simple as a CSV file with all games in a list with their associated media file and locations which would then be able to be manipulated in excel to generate a list of missing data which could then be added manually. Would it be possible to have an option in Launchbox that scans each platform and exports a CSV with the required data, that would be amazing!

Good idea, @CADScott. I think primarily first, sidebar filter options are in order for manuals, music, videos, etc. That way it'd be super easy to see which ones are missing. But then images would be a ridiculous number of them, so maybe a report would be better for that. If you would please, go ahead and add it as a feature request here: http://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox That way we can track it and such.