LaunchBox Community Forums

C I move Save Locations to local server? (Dolphine, PSX2, ePSXe, Project 64, Nestopia, ZNES)

12irish12

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to move the save loactions for the main emulators (Dolphine, PSX2, ePSXe, Project 64, Nestopia, ZNES) to a local server so they can be accessed by more than one PC on the same network? I currently have BigBox running on my HTPC (windows) and I will soon be getting a powerful laptop (windows) and I would love to be able to switch between the two when playing games. In theory I would like to move the save locations and the files in it for all my emulators to a local server in my appartment. Then if I play a game from the HTCP or the laptop it will access the same save file meaning I could play the same game on both. I will never be using more that one at a time either. Any inpit would be great, thanks Laugh

Ok I dug a little deeper into this and This is what I found out 1. Dolphin I couldn't find a method to easily do this but this post give some directions I am unsure if they work or not. 2. PCSX2 This is easily done through the settings but from what I read save states are picky and if your machines aren't configured exactly the same (using the same versions and the exact same plugins) then it won't work. You can read more about it here 3. ePSXe I can't find anyway to change the default path 4. Project 64 Easily done through the settings 5. Nestopia easily done through the settings 6. ZNES couldn't help you with this as I simply don't use ZNES I personally think it is terrible (no offense to any users) but its UI is ancient and there are way better SNES emulators available and in this case just about all of them are better. I use SNES9X-sx2 you can find it here try it you may want to switch but if not keep using what you are comfortable with.

Somewhat related to this. I would be interested in something like this as well, but mostly for some sort of autobackup function. I would like it if I could designate save file folder to be backed up automatically (either locally or online, dropbox?). Does anyone know if there is a software that can do this? Maybe one that will copy which ever save files have changed to another hard drive/network/dropbox when you turn off the HTPC? Perhaps some future Launchbox functon? To have it designate save folder that it will backup to a selected location? (not requesting, just throwing an idea out). Just something I've been thinking about that might also be used for something like this? :)

Some type of Sync software there is Bittorrent Sync and Microsoft has a program called Sync Toy that might work also. I have a server myself and being able to play the same actual game on different computers would really be great. It looks like because of the way some emulators handle things though you would have to do a combination of network location and sync for say ePSXe.