LaunchBox Community Forums

Couple of questions...

yajinni

Is there a better way to mark games as you favorite? Maybe make it so if you have it in a special folder anything inside of it is a favorite? When you give it a rom path does it scan it on start up to see if there are any changes? If i add games later on does it automatically pick up on it or do i have to manually do a scan? In big box mode from the video i saw it wasnt clear... But if you mark something as a favorite does it put it at the top of the list? In the normal mode you can filter it so favorites are at the top for example. If it does put favorites at the top in big box mode does that setting stay or do i have to set it every time i launch? Considering buying it because i like what i see but havent found any good information on my questions.

Hi @yajinni, you can batch mark games as favorites in LaunchBox by selecting all of the games that you want to mark as favorite, and then right-click and Edit. Currently, ROM paths are not automatically scanned for new games. However, you can always re-run the imports and it will find/add only the new games. Automatic folder scanning is indeed coming. Yes, the latest beta versions of Big Box do put the favorites at the top. The official version with this should be out in less than a week. The setting does stick. Thanks! :)

Hello! Appreciate the reply! Its a pain to go though a 700 rom list and select all ur favorites but atleast that can be done. When you get around to the auto scanning you might want to as i suggest make it so you can set a folder as your favorites. Great to hear that the next big box update will have this ability too. Good to see progress is being made. Went ahead and purchased it. Look forward to future versions!