LaunchBox Community Forums

New to LaunchBox

Stal8080

Hello All, Finally at a point where I can start finalizing my basement arcade. Space is an issue so for my Mame/Console Emulation Set up I have a 42" lcd mounted behind my bar and two Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat Arcade Sticks as my controls. Came across LaunchBox after basically completing my set up with another front end. However Launchbox appeals to me because of all the meta data downloading almost automatically.....Before I buy premium license I would like to know the following: Does BigBox Version/Premium download and import MP4 video intro's? ...If not where do you actually put the videos without having to edit each game? Can the entire frontend be controlled by joystick?--no keyboard and mouse? Can LaunchBox exit all emulators with the joystick? Thanks.

Hi @Stal8080, I think I answered you these via email already but I'll answer them here too just in case anyone happens to land on this page. Big Box currently does not automatically download videos, but this functionality is coming, through EmuMovies. Still, if you have an EmuMovies subscription it's really easy to download them with their download tool and then just drop the videos in the right folders. All of Big Box can be controlled just fine with a joystick, yes. *Most* emulators can be exited just fine with the controller using the AutoHotkey features. Some of them are still being perfected, however.