LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box and Shield TV

murs101

Hello anyone willing to help, I am having a couple issues with Big Box mode on my Shield TV. 1. The Shield controller does not work in either big box mode or Launchbox. It does not show up on the devices list. 2. The sample videos that I downloaded have sound when they play on my pc, but not when I run big box on the Shield. Other sounds work, like when I click a menu, but not the video's sound. Any assistance with this would be great. I will also post this to the Shield forums, in the event that the problem is on the Shield's end.

Thank you @murs101, good to know. This admittedly is going to be very difficult to fix without having the Shield hardware on-hand, but I'll add it to my list to see if there's anything I can do. Any chance you could link me to the hardware products you're using on Amazon or similar? I'm not very familiar with nVidia Shield anything as of yet.

• 1 month later...
Hi, Great piece of software, can I second the android tv and shield Tablet plus shield portable , you can launch via geforce experience and launch launchbox but the controller will does not work to select a game... did you make any progress on this at all ? Cheers

• 1 month later...
The sooner you can get your hands on one the better, I'd say. I'm loving the EmuMovies scanning and LB is working great. However, I'm tearing my hair out with all the "halfway there" PC streaming apps for the Shield. Gamestream - Unless all your games are Steam purchases it's useless. Remotr - Opens Big Box, some jankiness and artifacting navigating BB, had to map B & A buttons to Esc and Enter on a custom controller mapping to go through menus in BB, MANY problems opening games from BB to Retroarch Kiniconsole - doesn't seem to communicate Nvidia Shield controller input to BB Kainy - constant version mismatch, unable to even connect to PC Moonlight - formerly Limelight, requires GEForce Experience which is a tragic mess of undetected games haphazardly linked to Steam, which I uninstalled Splashtop THD - doesn't pick up Nvidia Controller, and gives me a cute little tip about swiping the screen to go into game mode, no matter how many times i rubbed my tv screen it didn't work (i didn't actually but you get my drift) As long as the navigation and game loading part of LB can play nice with a game streaming app, that would be all we need. All that being said, if anybody knows a proven way to stream LB and games from PC to PC that includes controller support, let me know. I thought I would replace my HP Mini Stream with this source of nightmares they call the Nvidia Shield, but this is definitely not seeming to be the case.