LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Steam Big Picture with the game

Ribbit King

Hi, I'm loving Big Box, it's great for my couch PC gaming. I now run my Steam games through Big Box. But being on the couch, I would like to have the games launch into Big Picture Mode. Not launch Big Picture by itself but launch Big Picture and the game all at once. I'm starting to think it's not possible at this point, but I thought I'd ask just in case I'm missing a step. Thanks again. I've mixed and matched different combinations with no luck. Application Path: steam://rungameid/(game id) steam://open/bigpicture C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\(game name)\(game.exe) Application Command-Line Parameters: steam://rungameid/(game id) steam://open/bigpicture -bigpicture -tenfoot

Hi @Ribbit King, welcome. I haven't experimented much with Big Picture myself, but I found this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bigpicture/discussions/2/882960163727915929/ It might help out. It looks like you could create a batch file to run several commands to make it happen (maybe). Worth a shot. ;)

That link seems to show how to open Big Picture without a game. I've tried to Google the solution and can't seem to find one. We can run a Steam game from command line and regular desktop Steam will open, but there isn't that same option for Big Picture. Maybe if Steam Boxes and Big Picture becomes more popular, Valve will create that option to go straight into the game.