LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box combine select and play button on main game screen

h0gg1e

I'm loving Big Box on my cabinet ... so much easier than any other front end I've tried. I'm trying to minimize the amount of things my friends and family can screw up when playing on the cabinet. With that said when I select the [Arcade] from the main menu I'm shown all my games. I know I can press the [Play] button and it will directly launch the game. However if I press the [Select] button I'm brought into a screen to mark as favorite, working, ect. Is there anyway to disable the game details screen? I tried removing all the options in it ... but pressing [Select] still goes into that screen, just nothing is there. I'd really like to use the same button to select systems and then play the game from that main list of games. I tried mapping the [Select] and [Play] to the same button but had mixed results ... sometimes it would launch the game sometimes it would go into the game details screen. Also is there a way to disable the last menu when pressing [Back]? The menu that is used to change options, keyboard mappings, what is shown, ect. I'd really hate for someone that didn't know what they were doing stumble into that menu and remove all the kaymappings. Thanks again for such an awesome frontend!!!

• 4 months later...
Jason Carr said Hi @h0gg1e, currently there's really no way to lock Big Box down to restrict changing settings, etc. It is however fairly high on my list (I have the same problem with my kids). Planning to hopefully get to this very soon.
Any word on the update, I would agree it truly is an Awesome way to manage your front end. but with out the ability to lock out game users from system options or exiting the front end. it is useless on a guest cabinet. ;-(