LaunchBox Community Forums

Need help with ePSXe no BGM music

TONBOX777

Hello, I manage to get Star Gladitor [PSX] has BGM. I already follow this guide but has no luck. Help please.
Spoiler
1st step 1) mount your image with daemon tools 2) create a .img, .ccd .sub (clone cd file) with alcohol 120%- how do I do that? making .img, .ccd, .sub using alcohol 120% 1) mount image with daemon tools, .cue etc 2) on alcohol click on image making wizard 3) Find your virtual driv on the drop down menu 4) check read sub channel data from current disk reading- next 5) Browse to where you want the image to be saved make sure file type is Clone cd image file .ccd- start wait till the bar get to 100% and its done! *after that process you should have .IMG, .CCD, .SUB files. 2nd step 1)download CDR mooby 2.8 here 2) on the emulator config select CDR mooby as the CDR pugin click configure. 3) on the config menu do the following: a) check repeat all CCDA tracks b) Check enable sub channel data c) on the CDDA volume slide to 0.5 after all that click ok Final step 1)Click RUN CD not run ISO 2)Browse to where your image was stored, make sure you select your .IMG NOT .ccd then click OK
and I want to know, How to launch ePSXe with "Run CDROM" mode by Launchbox? and aslo want to know How toforce ePSXe automatic completely close after quit the game? Thank you :P http://i63.tinypic.com/345fs7b.jpg

You shouldn't need to do any of that to be honest with you. All you need is a .bin or .img and a .cue file. You can make .cues yourself - it's extremely easy. All you need is to open up notepad and put in the following: FILE "Insert game name here.BIN" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00 Obviously the "Insert game name here" is going to actually be "Star Gladiator" or whatever you choose to name it. Then you just save that as a .cue file type and choose that as your rom to load in Launchbox and you should be good to go. I don't think Star Gladiator actually uses CD audio like Twisted Metal or Loaded, so you shouldn't need to do anything else. Take a look at this list. A bin/img (there are other types but those are pretty common) plus a cue file like I listed above should work. I'll double check mine when I get home.

Hi, I created .cue like you said and load the game with that .cue but still no BGM. and I thought this might be CDDA type (but missed on the CDDA list) because its has BGM for each stages, charecter select screen, etc. (suitable for CDDA) P.s. I also have no idea how to get BGM work for now.

SentaiBrad said What emulator are you using?
Based on the title, pretty sure it's ePSXe haha. A version number might be useful though. I swear I don't remember running into anything weird with Star Gladiator though, I'll have to look when I get home. You may want to check that CDDA is enabled in ePSXe (although I think it is by default?). EDIT: It's also possible that it's a bad rom... there's plenty of them floating around.

So I took a look at mine and it's actually a .img + .ccd + .sub not a .bin + .cue. Based on the .ccd I'm inclined to think that it does in fact have CD audio (which is working in mine, by the way) because it has this in it:
Spoiler
[TRACK 1] MODE=2 INDEX 1=0 [TRACK 2] MODE=0 INDEX 0=20380 INDEX 1=20530 [TRACK 3] MODE=0 INDEX 1=31065 [TRACK 4] MODE=0 INDEX 1=43184 [TRACK 5] MODE=0 INDEX 1=56677 [TRACK 6] MODE=0 INDEX 1=70686 [TRACK 7] MODE=0 INDEX 1=83879 [TRACK 8] MODE=0 INDEX 1=94018 [TRACK 9] MODE=0 INDEX 1=108388 [TRACK 10] MODE=0 INDEX 1=120896 [TRACK 11] MODE=0 INDEX 1=130502 [TRACK 12] MODE=0 INDEX 1=139787 [TRACK 13] MODE=0 INDEX 1=149610 [TRACK 14] MODE=0 INDEX 1=159179 [TRACK 15] MODE=0 INDEX 1=160593 [TRACK 16] MODE=0 INDEX 1=165894 [TRACK 17] MODE=0 INDEX 1=171417 [TRACK 18] MODE=0 INDEX 1=177390 [TRACK 19] MODE=0 INDEX 1=182120 [TRACK 20] MODE=0 INDEX 1=187434 [TRACK 21] MODE=0 INDEX 1=192568 [TRACK 22] MODE=0 INDEX 1=198029 [TRACK 23] MODE=0 INDEX 1=202710 [TRACK 24] MODE=0 INDEX 1=207091 [TRACK 25] MODE=0 INDEX 1=211589 [TRACK 26] MODE=0 INDEX 1=214989 [TRACK 27] MODE=0 INDEX 1=223976 [TRACK 28] MODE=0 INDEX 1=227160
I'm not actually sure about creating .ccd files, although the instructions you listed above seem pretty straightforward. I can confirm, however, that the second and final parts of those instructions are incorrect. You do not need to use CDR Mooby for this and you don't need to load this as a CD in ePSXe. That may have been necessary in some earlier version, but it isn't currently. You can directly load it as a disc image and it will play the music, assuming your files are correct. In Launchbox, direct it to the .ccd file (not the iso/sub files). In ePSXe, sound plugin should be "ePSXe SPU core 1.9.0".

No problem! Glad to help! One final note though, based on your image - in the event that you ever want to play PSX games on Retroarch with the Mednafen core, you'll need to use PakkISO on your .ecm files. ePSXe can natively read disc images in .ecm format but Mednafen cannot. ECM is basically just further compression of a disc image and PakkISO is a fast and easy tool for removing that compression. All you have to do is drag your .ecm files onto an .exe that comes with PakkISO called "unecm.exe" and it'll do the rest of the work for you.