LaunchBox Community Forums

ScummVM in Launchbox has no platform ?

dudechester

1. When you use the built in ScummVM tab Launchbox has for importing game folders, this tab having filled in all the details, will become 'greyed' out if you add a platform to the game afterwards, losing all the references/information/paths you just entered. 2. If you don't add a platform however, it won't appear in the list... :S Therefore you can currently only add a game without being able to launch it using ScummVM game importer tab Or you can have it in a platform list that doesn't launch. Am I missing something here? or has the ScummVM importer tab broken since last update? Thanks

So ScummVM should work like DOS when it comes to platforms, however ScummVM has been in need of an upgrade for a very long time. We currently have it on the list to get a revamp like DOS and MAME recently did. We have to go through special platforms like these 1 at a time usually because they require special rules. When all is said and done, ScummVM should function similarly to DOS. It will just take us a bit to get there, but it is indeed being thought of.

Thanks Brad, I think it would be 10 minute fix honestly to make this work. You already have the ScumVM tab which works great for importing 1 at a time, but when you use that, as I mentioned above, it simply imports them without assigning a platform. So they are imported so to speak into the NONE platform. Sure they appear in the NONE platform list fine, but there is no way to assign them to a ScumVM platform. This is more of a bug than any new features. Solution: Prevent Launchbox from disablling / greying out the scummVM tab when assigning to a platform. It's horrible to have all ScummVM games imported to the NONE folder :( Thankyou.

Yea, it's all apart of ScummVM needing an overhaul. It is one of the only "relics" of LaunchBox pre-version 2 or so. Everything else over time has received an overhaul except for ScummVM. I created a ticket for the upgrade. Vote on it please so it can get up higher. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/519/scummvm-overhaul-akin-to-dos-overhaul

May I ask please are we talking for this fix? like a matter of weeks? or longer, because I have my scummvm collection ready to use for Launchbox, am very keen to use launchbox for this, but it's not currently possible. There is no current work around other than importing very slowly 1 by 1, and only to the NONE platform. Thankyou