LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch crashes

Bedwyr

Not exactly per our discussion earlier, but I tried to change the video filter in Snes Next on a whim to see if there was something I might like. No filter setting was stable; retroarch would immediately crash when any filter was selected. I got similar crash behavior using Mupen64 and I'm honestly kind of put out about that. Why such an allergic reaction to a filter setting in this case?

Thanks. Gah and they moved the shader options. They used to be next to the video filters. I can't set the shader settings without a game loaded. editorial: I'm grateful for the UI changes they did make, but the organization of options and methods violate all kinds of UI design principles. The menu system doesn't need a re-think. I think the entirety of Retroarch needs to be re-factored toward a friendlier interface from the way automated controller bindings work to the way file saving works ("Save to Current" doesn't exist btw... the menu options are: "Information", "Load Configuration", and "Save New Config"... no option to save to loaded config except "save on exit"). As a citation: https://www.cs.umd.edu/users/ben/goldenrules.html At a glance I'd judge the Retroarch UI to be bad at 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. editorial over. Thanks for obliging.

I personally keep up with the nightly and I've never had to revert back to an older version after upgrading. I do know the save config difference between the two version, i am unsure about anything else. If you don't know how to carry over your settings to a new install you can take a look at the tutorial on our YouTube. If you already know how you don't have to watch it, but just in case. :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnJNjiu7RA