LaunchBox Community Forums

Having trouble getting PCSX2 working on windows 10

Tatts4Life

Where is it that it is trying to write the file? If it is in your documents folder or on your C drive it may not like that you are trying to write there for some reason. On the first tab labeled "General" at the bottom left is a Save Bindings button. Click that and try to save it in a different location, but preferably your ini location.

Hey Brad I'm not sure what the issue was but my game loads fine. I had a weird screen flicker going on but that's fixed. My only other problem has to do with memory cards. The game goes to start up and I get the screen. I check out the config section and it says the memory card isn't formatted. You quickly talk about memory cards. But only as a carry over of old saves. What do I do for a new game? How do I format it? http://i.imgur.com/uKUSFeS.png?1 Thanks for all the help with all my issues. You've been a big help while I test the different systems waiting for all my parts for my new gaming system to come in. Oh I also forgot the game should be .cue and not .iso right?

For PS2, it shouldn't matter too much what file you use, the .cue sheets aren't required by the Emulator, some games may require a cue sheet but that is different. So if it is an iso, bin or mdf it's fine. When it comes to memory cards, most people use Save States, so I did kind of gloss over it. On the real system, Memory Cards can need formatting. On the emulator in order to format it load up a game and try and make a save. It should ask you to format the card. I really only brought it up for legacy, but if you look at one of the check marks in the memory card menu, "Auto-eject memory cards when loading save states" makes using memory cards less of a good idea. So if you are using save states, using memory card might also be a bad idea.

Something like ImgBurn should do just fine, rip it at the slowest speeds. However, for PS2 you can put your disc in your dvd drive and play it with PCSX2. In the tutorial I talked about a DVD plugin that should say null? Well if you want to use your actual discs then change that null selection to a DVD Plugin in the drop down and select your dvd drive. So you can do both. I personally do suggest using the ISO, but this does work too. Especially if you don't want wear and tear on your discs, I know I don't use my discs. :P