LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom View Modes?

newyears1978

I hae been into emulation for quite some time, and I used to have a really nice HTPC setup with XBMC with Rom Collection Browser built in and it was legit. The greatest thing about XBMC/Kodi (and other launchers) are the different view modes where you can display different art types on your list and layouts, and video snap. The issue with Kodi and most launchers are that the setup is so difficult, confusing, however Launchbox setup is 100% easy. So TL:DR - Are there any plans for different view modes. I really want to stick with LaunchBox (or maybe launch LB from Kodi instead of using in Kodi launchers) but also would like new looks. Maybe with Big Box that is your future intention..but I am referring to regular mode (non Big Box) as well. I can come up with some concept screenshots to showcase what I am talking about. Or you may have no plans to add anything of this sort at all. It's hard to get a specific look with anything unless you use a highly skinnable app like RetroFE or Kodi where things are completely skinnable..but LB is just so elegant and easy to setup using anything else after LB is a nightmare haha! I guess my previous question about 100% accurate image dimensions for art also comes into play here, because without that some view modes might look weird. I love the default clean LB but would like to be able to customize it to some extent besides colors =D But even if not possible/never gonna happen, I still love LB :)

Jason Carr said Hi NewYears, we'll definitely be focusing on different views for Big Box first, but I can see that as a possibility for LaunchBox as well eventually. That probably won't be any time soon, though, admittedly.
Any time soon for either mode or just for the standard mode. Maybe not too far off for big box? :)