LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam breaking focus

phly95

I have a dedicated gaming pc and use bigbox to start the moment I power on my PC. I fixed Explorer Taskbar focus problem by running a bat that starts launch box and then closes right away with task scheduler, but the one thing preventing it from being the ultimate console experience is when steam starts up, it takes away focus from launchbox. I already have steam set to silent, but the moment that notification comes up, it ruins everything. Sure I can simply not have steam run at startup, but then when I select a game on steam, it takes much longer to actually start it due to steam having to load up first. Do you guys have any solutions? Thanks! :)

Hmm, good question. The only thing I can think to do would be to make sure that LaunchBox starts up *after* Steam. I'm not really up on how to do that, but I know there are multiple methods of starting apps on startup, so hopefully there should be a way to do that... Sorry I'm not more help.

• 2 weeks later...