LaunchBox Community Forums

Will BigBox run in one old pc?

astoufu

Hello guys, i was thinking about to use BigBox with one old PC that i have, so i could use it on a television with 240p/480p for old games. Will i be able to run BigBox in one Pentium 4 HT with 3GB RAM and one Radeon 9200 (AGP video card)? I know it is a very old setup, but i was using this computer just for Master System emulation till N64, it was handling well the games i tested with some old emulators and even retroarch. By the way, another noob question. Im currently setting up Launchbox in anoother computer and filling missing boxarts and stuff. Everything that i configurate will display on BigBox automatically? Edit: I forgot to mention that im using Windows XP on this machine, but i think it can handle other 32-bit system till Windows 7.

spektor56 said .net 4.5+ doesn't run on windows XP. Remote desktop and steam streaming is always a possibility.
I see. Thanks for the answer, i thought i may had a issue with those stuff. I will try to install Windows 7 on it, even knowing that i will loose a bit on performance. Anyways, do you think this computer can run BigBox or will it be way too slow for use?

Install 8.1 instead, it's actually better for weaker systems than 7 is. I don't know if 10 has the same lower requirements. That said, I think you might have a very hard time running LaunchBox or BigBox I think. At a certain point there is just a cut off that we can't go below and Windows XP era machines are one of them. As for items in BigBox, you can't edit or add or remove games from BigBox, it all has to be done via LaunchBox. BigBox only displays what is in your library with the appropriate settings needed.