LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Launch box over a network

Zangdaarr

Hi Everyone, Here is the situation, I am using Launchbox at home and I like it, everything is working well. Launchbox and my roms are in separates folder like Launchbox : C:\Launchbox Games: C:\Games\Nes ... I want to give my gf access to the launchbox so she can play games from her computer. So I shared the folder C:\Launchbox. My problem is that launchbox is using relative paths, so it is searching for ..\Games\Nes on her computer, which cannot be found. Is there a way to solve this problem and make Launchbox look on my computer instead ? Thanks

Are you trying to share on the same network or a remote network? I just moved my LaunchBox install to my C:\ today and all of the relative paths stopped working to fix this I opened my LaunchBox.xml with Notepad++ and edited it 1) Go into search and select find then type in ..\Emulators 2) Click the replace tab next and type in D:\Emulators 3) Click replace all 4)Save (LaunchBox should be closed while you are working on the xml file) Now these instructions are for my instance for yours you would need to change it slightly. In step 1 you would type ..\Games and in step 2 you would type C:\Games this would change everything in your XML and next time you went to edit a game its path would read C:\Games (If you have multiple platforms in your games folder make sure you type only ..\Games and change it to C:\Games this way it will change every platform inside the folder at one time. I still don't think your girlfriend would be able to access the games like this I think it would say the ROM file wasn't found. I would copy just your LaunchBox folder over to your GF's computer and then do what I described on her computer except change it from ..\Games to \\Name of your PC\Games but to do this you will also have to share your games folder. I hope that this isn't to confusing because as I reread it I'm thinking that it may be a little convoluted. If you need clarification on any of this don't hesitate to ask.