LaunchBox Community Forums

New Retroarch install, Snes library not launching - Launchbox

hadokenpower

Have you watched the tutorial on our channel by chance? If you have, or even if you haven't, make sure you have the core you want to play SNES games with downloaded from the Online Updater from within RetroArch (we suggest bsnes balanced as it should emulate everything close if not at 100%), make sure the associated platforms page points towards the right core with the -L command (same core as I just mentioned), and that the name for the system in associated platform matches the name of the system in LaunchBox. If you selected the default name of the SNES platform in LaunchBox during import (default naming is suggested for best scraping), then make sure the associated platform name is the same as well. If none of this works please let me know!

Hi Brad. Thank you muchly for your prompt reply. I switched to the bsnes balanced core and everything is working well now. The snes9x core I was using before was populated correctly, so that not working still confounds me. But I am none the less just happy to be up and running again, cheers mate.