LaunchBox Community Forums

Local Artwork/images

woodyjiow

Ok so first off - Launchbox is quite simply the best front end I've come across and I have tried them all! It's so simple to setup and the interface is clean and user friendly. I just have one question/possible request - I am migrating from hyperspin so have already downloaded packs of uniform 3D cart and box art for my systems from their repository. Am I able to replace the images downloaded from games.db or emumovies with these as their quality is much better. This is the only thing I've been unable to do so far. If this isn't possible please may I ask that this option is added in the future! Thanks!

Well GamesDB is no more. They have been effectively shut down as their service provider pulled their plug on them. We will not be using them going forward, update to the new Beta for the new scraper. As for your images, yes you can use them, but it takes some work. In your LaunchBox's Image folder are a list of consoles. In there is a folder for each category of image. They need to be named after the game so Legend of Zelda in LB, Legend of Zelda (U) as the file name the picture can be named Legend of Zelda or Legend of Zelda (U).