LaunchBox Community Forums

LB/BB holding my NES clear logo hostage

LogicalEgo

I am bashing my head in the wall over this. I use custom clear logos for my wheel and system menu. For what ever reason since the last few updates so matter what changes I make the default NES LB logo will show in my list despite not being anywhere on my system. To simply things I have made a video to show you what I am talking about. https://youtu.be/iDcFrUMixU0

No that just removes images that aren't assigned to games anymore. In BigBox, Options > Image Cache. Conversly you can also delete the folder in your LaunchBox folder. No matter what you choose, your game images will need to be re-cached like when you added your games.

Just to clear up some minor confusion, refreshing the cache should only be necessary when images for a game are *changed*. Adding new games should result in the images showing up automatically in Big Box, so hopefully it shouldn't be a regular requirement to refresh the caches. The one exception to this rule is if you add a clear logo image to a platform, you will still need to refresh the platform images for the wheel. This is because it automatically generates the plain-text image and needs to be refreshed in order to replace it with the actual image added. This is only for the platform images, though. Hopefully that isn't too confusing lol.