LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional App for an entire plateform

niglurion

Hello everyone, first post here, but i'm long time premium user of launchbox Wink I'm coming to see if anyone has an idea about my problem: i want launchbox to run a .bat file before launching a rom. i.e: I want to change the desktop resolution to 720p before launching an emulator. I've got two bat files, one for changing to 720p and another for 1440p. A single click toggle the resolution and it's very convenient for my purpose: using a crt shader with sweetFx (there's visual glitches when i'm in 1440p, not in 720p). I would like LaunchBox automatically uses them when I double click on a game. I've tried two things: - additionnal apps when you edit a game but I can't imagine doing that to all my games, one by one. Are there any trick to add an app to an entire plateform? - use a AHK script. But I'm a super noob for that... And i couldn't manage to run it correctly. If everyone's got an idea about that... About using an additional file/app before lauching a game (for an entire plateform) with AHK or any other way... I will be very grateful to him Laugh

set the bat to start the emulator to and make it your emulator under manage emulator. There is an example of a Sega Saturn .bat somewhere on the forum that mounts your disks using what ever disc you click on then it runs the emulator and finally it unmounts your disk when you close the emulator so as long as you use the right variable to identify the ROMs you should be able to have it work with all games.
@echo off start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, %1% start /wait "" "SSF.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0
This is the bat they use for SSF I believe the %1% is the variable that runs the second argument (read this on StackOverFlow but don't really know what it means it has to do with paths

Ok, thank you for your reply. I'll try this tonight. I've tried a similar solution yesterday, but without argument. It launched retroarch like I wanted to, but without the %file% rom. So I was stuck on the RA menu. I have quicky abandoned the idea Kiss So, let's try again with your exemple. Thank you. Wink

So... I can't manage to figure out what's going wrong. My .bat file is this one:
RC.exe /X 1280 /Y 720 @echo off start /wait E:\path\to\ retroarch.exe -L E:\path\to\cores\mupen64plus_libretro.dll %ROM% "E:\path\to\1440p.bat"
The .bat is working, windows toggle from 1440p to 720p and go back to 1440p on exit. But... Retroarch keep crashing. It seems I can't manage to find right arguments. I googled it, of course, but despite this page, i don't find anything constructive. I think more time is needed Embarassed

Yeah I'm not well versed with .bat unless I'm running one someone else wrote sorry that didn't work someone else may be able to help you out with that. It may be because instead of using %1% you used %ROM% but your bat doesn't have a variable set up for ROM the %n (n = number is considered a magic variable that doesn't need to be specified but %ROM% isn't. I'll have to check my Demul .bat and see if It is set up like that I believe that the variable is declared in that.

SentaiBrad said RetroArch is crashing probably because it doesn't like that the resolution is changing, there is probably nothing we can do to solve that unless you change resolutions first.
Yeah, I think the problem is here. Thank you DOS76 for your advise and exemple, it's working. But retroarch keep crashing, no matter how I change the arguments about cores. It's crashing even with a direct ROM link. I'll find another solution. Till then, i'll do it manually Kiss

I could find a solution! Laugh It is outside lanchbox and only for retroarch, but that's enough for now (I only use retroarch for 8-16bits and n64 consoles). I've just forced the fullscreen resolution to be 720p in retroarch.cfg with these lines:
video_windowed_fullscreen = "false" video_fullscreen = "true" video_fullscreen_x = "1280" video_fullscreen_y = "720"
And if you're per core based, you have to change that in every core .cfg you want to. I didn't know we can directly change the fullscreen resolution in retroarch because there's no option for that in the UI, so... I did not think about it Embarassed I know it's not the right way to deal with the problem, but it's a good palliative in my case. I'd prefere to set this in Launchbox (for a greater compatibility) but that's a way to do it. Thank you SentaiBrad and DOS76 for your involvement Wink Now, i'll wait for a way to use an additional app for an entire plateform in Launchbox Cool (that'd be a good thing in order to launch some .exe like antimicro when we launch a game)