LaunchBox Community Forums

Sub-Series Sorting

JerseyXS97

Alright, I have a problem pretty specific to me. I like my stuff to be categorized as much as possible, so I'd like to have, for example, all of my Mario games to be listed under the Super Mario Bros. series instead of the main series, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. being separate. Then I would like the secondary sorting to be a sub-series so they're sorted nicely. I can't seem to figure out how to do this with custom fields or anything. Can anyone help me out here? For a good visual example of what I want I modified the Version field and used that as the secondary sorting: http://puu.sh/npOHV/4492b36612.jpg ----- Edit: Ooooh, never mind. Gotta love figuring something out the second after you ask for help! I do still have a question, though. Is it possible to bulk edit custom fields like it is the normal fields?

The simplest thing I can tell you is to edit the Series Field how you want it. We're currently not set up for most games to draw a series name. Some do, most don't. You can do them 1 by 1 or use the bulk edit wizard. Ctrl + A will highlight all games in a selected view or Ctrl + Clicking will highlight the ones you want and click on. Once they're highlighted, right click one and choose Edit. From the drop down menu choose Series.

SentaiBrad said The simplest thing I can tell you is to edit the Series Field how you want it. We're currently not set up for most games to draw a series name. Some do, most don't. You can do them 1 by 1 or use the bulk edit wizard. Ctrl + A will highlight all games in a selected view or Ctrl + Clicking will highlight the ones you want and click on. Once they're highlighted, right click one and choose Edit. From the drop down menu choose Series.
Oh, that's not what I mean. I have the primary series set, I was just looking for a second series column for a more sorting. I figured it out though.