LaunchBox Community Forums

remove update folder?

alitanet

For your ePSXe 2.0 issue go into LaunchBox go to tools, manage emulators select espxe from your list then click edit go to the AutoHotKey tab in the edit form and paste this code in
; This section closes eSPXe when pressing Escape $Esc:: { Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}} }
Now when you hit escape from either LB or BB it will close without the confirmation window appearing.

You can technically delete the files in your update folder, because I generally dont suggest that users downgrade their current install of LaunchBox, like taking their newer XML to an older version. However, they are still useful if you need to do a fresh install. Maybe keep the last 3 or 4 exe's. They should be in order, but you can sort them by date modified just in case.

I just copied it from the forum post and then pasted into the AutoHotKey tab for eSPXe on another computer and it it working there too. Are you trying to close it with Alt+F4 or Escape the code you put in should close it with Escape and not the usual method of closing eSPXe

Thanks for your help, I don't speak english very well. About epsxe 2.0 I copied the script and pasted in script label and It allows me to exit using autohotkey but It still ask me to exit, then I have to use the keyboard to check yes button, anyway I Will try tomorrow again, Thanks!

That is strange but not the first time I've heard that this week it also does the something similar in KAT5200 emulator where the keyboard was reported to close the program but the controller would behave like the script didn't exist and open the menu. This is weird because the script is to kill the process when you hit escape which works from the keyboard but all you are doing with your controller is setting up a button combo that is supposed to work as the escape key why they would produce different results is beyond me.