LaunchBox Community Forums

Playstation 3 Emulator

ssmoker

only working one as far as i know http://rpcs3.net/ but its so early and not really usable for gaming yet. compatible list http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=193. note everything else like this is FAKE http://ps3emulator.org/

• 7 months later...
On 7/16/2016 at 6:42 PM, SentaiBrad said:

Yea I didn't bother linking it because it is not usable. It "works". Same deal with 3DS and Wii U emulation, though of those 3 Wii U emulation looks most promising already.

I mentioned in the other thread Austin's most recent experiments with Citra. It's getting there!

7 minutes ago, Bedwyr said:

I mentioned in the other thread Austin's most recent experiments with Citra. It's getting there!

Yah I hear Citra is getting pretty good. But if I'm not mistaken you can't just download the latest version pre compiled? 

Edited by ALIE

1 minute ago, ALIE said:

Yah I here Citra is getting pretty good. But if I'm not mistaken you can't just download the latest version pre compiled? 

No. But it's a worthy skill to learn how to compile from a repo if you're motivated enough. Commonly googling a tutorial or some Stack Exchange answers will do it. If you're like me and know how, but are just too lazy, waiting's fine. :)

Plus my 3DS is still in excellent working order and I kinda prefer the actual portable format.

• Like 1

Just now, Bedwyr said:

No. But it's a worthy skill to learn how to compile from a repo if you're motivated enough. Commonly googling a tutorial or some Stack Exchange answers will do it. If you're like me and know how, but are just too lazy, waiting's fine. :)

Plus my 3DS is still in excellent working order and I kinda prefer the actual portable format.

Yah I think waiting is best for me :) have they mentioned a estimate on when it can be downloaded like a regular emulator. 

You can download the latest Citra compiled, or at least what I thought was the latest. I grabbed it from their site, and it seems to be a rather new build date (It was called Nightly I believe). You can also find builds on sites like EmuCR very easily. CITRA is playing games, but it's not there yet. I was surprised to see if play OoT at a decent speed, when a few versions ago, the intro lagged, but I just tested the intro again. Better speeds, and it now has internal upscaling, but upscaling dropped performance and tons of audio bugs are still present. The only reason I say this is because I don't want someone who isn't well versed in emulation to think that CITRA is THE 3DS emulator. Well, technically it is, cause there's only 1 as far as I know, but it's still in a very Alpha state, like RPCS3 and CEMU.

With my 3DS having a Custom Firmware, I do prefer that, but recording it is a PITA, so an emulator could open that up for me. That's generally the main reason why I would prefer emulation over real hardware, unless I have nostalgia. Like for the PSP, I can record from a real PSP, and mine is hacked, but it actually looks like crap. I'd rather record DS and 3DS from real hardware because it can run perfectly, and I wouldn't have a workaround for the stylus. Recording an emulator would look better and be a lot easier. So for me, it just depends. I'd almost always prefer both, for different situations.

• 2 months later...
On 26/2/2017 at 2:27 AM, Patham said:

I just tried RPCS3 today and I'm pretty impressed. It's not the easiest to setup that's for sure but it does run some of the games. I only have one game "The Awakened Fate Ultimatum" but it runs nice and is very much playable. I have it setup in LB and imported my one game. Anyone else using this with LB now?

Bro you can tell me how you do?