LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 5.9 autohotkey stopped working

Mermsky

After upgrading to 5.9 I am having an issue with the autohotkeys in bigbox mode. I had it setup so that button 7 was hold and 8 closes active window. But now when I tried that combo it won't close the game. When I try to set button 7 as hold, it doesn't seem to recognise it. Can somebody help me please, as I am now unable to close the emulators with the controller. Thanks

After playing around, it seems that button 7 on the xbox 360 controller is the only one not being recognized in launchbox when trying to set it in the autohotkey menu. I have tried switching between xinput and controller (xbox 360 for windows) in the settings but still can't get it to work. I'm on windows 10 and didn't have an issue with this in 5.8 Frown P.S. Apart from this issue, I am loving launchbox and the work going into it and I am slowly making the move over from hyperspin Cool

Does anyone else have this issue? it happens in big box and launchbox, I really would like a fix for this. I might have to revert back to 5.8 until it is solved because I can't get the controller to exit out of the emulators with the autohotkey option.Confused

Hi @Mermsky, in the release notes for 5.9 I mention that multiple controller support for AutoHotkey was causing crashes in a bunch of people's systems because Microsoft screwed up the DirectInput drivers through Windows Update. The temporary solution until Microsoft fixes it is for AutoHotkey to support only the first controller attached to the system. Otherwise it was crashing constantly on many peoples' systems and was causing all kinds of problems. So I'm guessing that what's happening is that you're using a controller that isn't the only attached controller on your system?

Hi @Jason Carr, thanks for the response and thank you for Launchbox! I have only 1 Xbox 360 controller attached to my system and have tried unchecking the 'use all controllers' option and I've also tried using the old xbox wireless receiver driver from 2009 but I'm still having issues. I installed Launchbox on a different system to see if that helped but the issue was there even on the fresh install. I have no idea what I can do to make this work, if you can help that would be very much appreciated, Thanks

Hmm, okay. See if you can get into the "set up USB game controllers" control panel applet. Should be able to get to it just by searching in the Start menu (typing to search). My thought is that lots of people who use emulation have virtualized controllers enabled on their system. How many controllers do you see showing up in the list?

That seems to have done the trick! I went into the set up USB controllers applet and the default device was set to 'None'. After changing that to Controller (xbox 360 for windows) it started to work! Thanks so much Jason, that was bugging me for hours!!