LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding FS-uae supoort for LB

shadowfire36

I have been trying to run the amiga for awhile through LB . Now first let me explain what im trying to accomplish before anyone just starts telling me to use Winuae . I want to be able to list one item in my launchbox and not multiple adf files .I really cant stand having 1 game such as , Aladdin or any other multiple disk , having 3-5 entries in LB, but its only 1 game . The issue i have with Winuae is that it does not load WHDload games directly (meaning drag and drop or clicking from the LB entry) , and the other thing is that if i click disk one , i have to stop ,hit f12 and load the other disk before i can even start to play .I have only managed to get Winuae to load the .slave, .LHA,.or zip with the information is through a working Workbench ,which is not the setup I want . Now i have tried many variations with Winuae but have been unable to get to load the .LHA or zip files with the full image install successfully.after days of trying i have finally managed to get to Fs-uae to work with the simple one file loading, Fs-uae has manged to meet the needs i have been looking for to run games from the .slave files in the zip or .LHA archives . I also uncovered that FS-uae has its own cabinet interface and builds a game database based of your library with artwork .After that your library is available to you online for access . What i was wondering if its possible to add a script to do some of these functions 1. have LB read the .sqlite database file and import that file into launch box for item selection ? 2.can rocket launcher or something similar help right a generic script that can auto create the command-lines for fs-uae to run here is some information on command lines features for Whdload ,but i couldn't figure out what needs to be done . 3.is ther a way to have th .slave fles run directy or have a script tht installs the multiple adf images ? Im up for any ideas on how to get single item Amiga games that is built with multiple adf to run from launch box just some helpful insight https://fs-uae.net/whdload-support

I guess you've seen this page: https://fs-uae.net/command-line ? You just set fs-uae as emulator in Launchbox and give the necessary command line arguments. For whdload games you don't need any other arguments, you start them with: fs-uae.exe game.zip or fs-uae.exe game.lha So no reason to unzip them! For multiple disk games you could try to mount all of them by emulating multiple drives: fs-uae.exe --floppy-drive-0=Disk1.adf --floppy-drive-1=Disk2.adf --floppy-drive-2=Disk3.adf FrodeSolheim on 2016-04-16 at 18:25 said: With recent development versions, you can add arguments like this: Launcher.exe --config:key=value, for example Launcher.exe --config:amiga-model=CD32. See https://fs-uae.net/2016/02/25/fs-uae-2-7-8dev-released for more information.

actually have you had a chance to try it ? when you try to run the game from launch box it takes you to the boot screen for the Amiga , so i have tried setting the command line option in LB.. this is what i have parameter C:\Users\shadowfire36\Documents\FS-UAE\Configurations\default.fs-uae i cant seem to launch it ...or anything Is there a way to run .LHA or .Zip from the command line to mount as the file as the hard drive without the launcher . , or if its possible to use the arcade cabinets database files as a way to import the items from the arcade cabinet into launchbox