LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating the Metadata for a specific platform

funtasticguy

Greetings! I'm new with Launchbox and I gotta say that I'm VERY impressed. I have used about 4-5 different frontends in the past and this is one of the best -- if not the best -- frontends out there. Most of the features are self-explanatory, easy, and intuitive. Not to mention how fast it scrapes metadata! I love it! My question is how do you rescrape or update the metadata for a specific platform that has already been scraped by Launchbox? For example, I already added and scraped my N64 roms. However, since then I have become a subscribed member of Emumovies and I want to update my metadata on my N64 platform using the metadata acquired from Emumovies (i.e. and maybe even add movies to the metadata). How do I do this? In tools, there's not a rescrape feature for just a specific platform. Thanks!

Click on the platform on the left, then click a game to the right. Once clicked, type Ctrl + A to highlight them all. Then go to Tools - Download Metadata and Images. I would choose the 3rd option so that the media isn't re-downloaded unless you want to update from our Database since there are lots of submissions being made... I don't know if there have been many N64 submissions though.

• 1 year later...

Hi there.

I'm have a similar situation the difference is I'm not trying to rescrape the games metadata but the platform itself. Having just purchased a License and get to experience BigBox, some of the platforms are missing info to display. Most notably the Bio under notes. I could just copy and paste from the LaunchboxDB but I'm curious as to whether there was an automated way of doing this.

• 4 months later...

Having the same problem but only with genesis for some reason. As you can see by the pic, some of the games aren't done properly because of this problem. You fid Aero the acrobat having a gb box and the Aladin game has a nes box. This happens to a lot of games and I've scraped again with no difference.

No idea how to solve this..

fpMa337.jpg

• 1 year later...