LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with video import...

fdsj82juifaa

So I got super excited to see this. I even purchased the lifetime subscription on emumovies so I could get everything I wanted. But.... now I'm a bit concerned. What I thought was an application to make things easy might not be the case. Maybe I'm missing something? So, I started today on working at importing movies for my NES games. I downloaded the emu media downloader. I pointed it to my rom folder (specifically NES) and said "download away..." However, I've noticed that it downloads box art like: 8 Eyes (U) [!].png And videos like: 8 Eyes (U) [!].mp4 While Launchbox's format is: 8 Eyes.jpg So, my first thought was "I'm going to replace all the art with the 3d art, etc. from emu movies." However, unless I want to rename thousands of files, I don't see an easy option to do this? Secondly, now that I have thousands of videos for the games, I just realized I cannot see an easy way to add them now either? Do I have to edit every single game and then select the video file and then hit save? Please say it ain't so!!!! I must be missing something?

You may find it'll be far far easier to just use LaunchBox to import the movies and images for your ROMs. - In 'Tools > Options > Search > EmuMovies' ensure you've set your EmuMovies account ID etc. - Select all your ROMs in a Platform (Ctrl+A) and right click 'Tools' then 'Download Metadata and Images' - Select 'Search for game information from LaunchBox Games DB' - Ensure the 'Front Box Art' is selected on the next page. - Next it will parse all the ROMs with EmuMovies where you can select which images to get and which quality of videos to download (choose depending on your system's storage and download speed). ** generally either Video_MP4 or Video_MP4_HD is all that's really needed but it's totally up to you. With those settings you're ready to go. LaunchBox will do the work for you without the need for any 3rd party programs. ** Is the 3rd party program endorsed/officially recognised by EmuMovies like LaunchBox is? ...if not it may be time to change your password on there, pronto.

fdsj82juifaa said There is no video option... :( that's why I was doing it the other way, I didn't think launchbox supported it...
Is this for one particular ROM or your entire NES collection? If it's just one ROM it's worth noting that EmuMovies isn't "Complete" and still growing. If it's ALL roms and you've checked your EmuMovies credentials in Tools > Options and successfully tested with the 'Test' button I guess there's another issue, but will be good to rule the above out first. You should be seeing the following (when selecting all ROMs in my NES section): Capture.PNG

AutumnSounds said Is this for one particular ROM or your entire NES collection? If it's just one ROM it's worth noting that EmuMovies isn't "Complete" and still growing. If it's ALL roms and you've checked your EmuMovies credentials in Tools > Options and successfully tested with the 'Test' button I guess there's another issue, but will be good to rule the above out first.
It doesn't give me that option for any/all ROMs, no matter the system... I have checked my emu settings and it logs in just fine.Untitled-1.jpg