LaunchBox Community Forums

Non-Game in Database?

Firefairy

I have a few items on my computer that Launchbox incorrectly recognizes as games. Usually, this is it mistaking a non-game for a game that is in the database, like Atom text editor being mistaken for Atom Smashers Online. No big deal, I find and delete the entries, and I can see why it made the mistake. However, there is one item that actually has a DB entry and is definitely not a game; Paint.net, which is a graphics editing program. Is this intentional?

Hey Brad, can I get a ruling on whether After Dark 3.2 for Windows 3.1 counts as a game? People will probably look at it as just screensavers, but it does have a couple of interactive portions (including a quiz game that would be the predecessor to You Don't Know Jack), and eXo included it in his Win3xO collection, so I'd argue it should be included. Should I bother submitting it?

SentaiBrad said Well I would say no right now, we're gonna probably split the Database up a bit more to add Win 3.x and Win 9.x systems. As far as it being a game? I guess it qualifies.

Cool, thanks for the response! Will we be able to submit a change of platforms for the Win 3.1 games currently in the database when that rolls out, or will it continue to be manually add/delete as necessary?