LaunchBox Community Forums

Complete Gamelists

m3TTwUrsT

Hope this is the right sub-forum... wouldnt it be great to have a complete games list for any system and language (Jap, World, ENG...), witch allows you to compare with your own collection, so you know your games-collection is complete..... Lets say launchbox says: " Nintendo N64 Games Collection (Eng) 62/100" e.g. and by gamesDB telling you what games are missing..... if there is already something like that.... pls kill me ;-)

Not specifically there isn't something like this, but this woulcn't be something we could accuratly do till the LaunchBox Games Database is near complete (we're not the GamesDB). It's an awesome idea, but if we are missing any amount of games in a system then it's incomplete. We also don't havet all the Database features implemented yet. So this is a great great end goal.

• 2 weeks later...
Using rocketlauncher with hyperspins xml files is probably best, They pick the best one game from multiple regions usually the USA one, include any jap games that are either translated or playable if you don't know the language.

hyperspins xml won't do what the OP wants. Full lists for each region is what he's after, not just an xml for what's a no-intro set really. My initial thought is to take a TOSEC set, get rid of all the bad/overdump/hacked ROMS so that you're left with one ROM for each region and make an xml out of that using something like Don's Hyperspin List Generator? (never used it, but it'll make an xml for you out of any game list you have from what I understand)