LaunchBox Community Forums

Using RetroArch in conjunction with LaunchBox

I've setup RetroArch into LaunchBox as a good way to easily use my roms, and I recently went from downloading SNES roms to Gameboy roms, and I have to keep adding a custom parameter every time so I can run the gambatte core, is there a way to play any category without adding custom parameters to each and every game I play? TL:DR I have RetroArch, I use LaunchBox with it, I setup the SNES core in RetroArch and now I have to custom parameter the Gambatte core with my Gameboy games, can you help?

Watch the tutorials that I make on YouTube, I primarily cover RetroArch and this will answer a lot of the questions you may have. You can get there by the link in my signature below all of my posts. If you have any more questions after that I will still be more than happy to answer them for you.

You shouldn't have to add custom parameters for every game. When you add RA to LB it will setup many of the cores for platform names but it only sets up Nintendo Game Boy Color and Nintendo Game Boy Advance by default so if you have a platform named Nintendo Game Boy but you didn't add that to the associated platforms than that is probably the issue. To associate a new platform go to tools, manage emulators, this will open a new form on that form find Retroarch click it and then hit edit this will open another form click the associated platform tab and then you will see all of the auto configed systems for RA now if you have other cores that don't have platforms this is where you will add them. Scroll down to the 1st empty line and click on it then type Nintendo Game Boy. Click tab and type -L "cores\gambatte_libretro.dll".

• 2 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:27 AM, DOS76 said:

You shouldn't have to add custom parameters for every game. When you add RA to LB it will setup many of the cores for platform names but it only sets up Nintendo Game Boy Color and Nintendo Game Boy Advance by default so if you have a platform named Nintendo Game Boy but you didn't add that to the associated platforms than that is probably the issue. To associate a new platform go to tools, manage emulators, this will open a new form on that form find Retroarch click it and then hit edit this will open another form click the associated platform tab and then you will see all of the auto configed systems for RA now if you have other cores that don't have platforms this is where you will add them. Scroll down to the 1st empty line and click on it then type Nintendo Game Boy. Click tab and type -L "cores\gambatte_libretro.dll".

I'm so glad I found this. Totally solved it for me. Had no idea how to add another platform. Worked like a charm.