LaunchBox Community Forums

REQ - Someone to alter an image for me.

djweevil

Hello all could someone please take the following image erase the background and make it a png file. I tried in photoshop but I am always left with jaggies. I'm not very good with the graphics thing. Thank you very much for your time. And have a great day. http://sharkberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NES-Console1.jpg

djweevil said I tried in photoshop but I am always left with jaggies. I'm not very good with the graphics thing. Thank you very much for your time. And have a great day.
Have some of my time. :) I'm providing this on the following wisdom: "If you give a man a fire he'll keep warm for a few hours but if you set a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life." Open your image in PS. Create a transparent layer under it and all that super basic stuff you already know... 1.JPG Use the "Quick Selection" tool, NOT the Magic Wand. This newer tool does a similar job but is soooooo much more accurate. Just select it and pretty much just paint the areas to select. It'll intelligently do the job. 2.JPG If you need to, you can Select > Refine Edge (Alt+Ctrl+R) and give it a tiny amount of feather to remove "jaggies". 3.JPG You can now delete the selected area. I'm using a red layer under it so I can see if there're any "jaggies" left more clearly. 4.JPG Without the red background we're left with a nice super-clear image with a transparent background. 5.JPG Now you can save it. I still like to use the old-fashioned "Save for Web" rather than the newer Export tools. Old habits die hard, but it works. For transparent PNG files don't use anything less than PNG-24. 6.JPG Job done! <3

Thank You, Very, very, much AutumnSounds, Your explanation was very clear and easy to follow I didn't even know the Quick selection tool existed. With your instructions I was able to extract the image with no jaggies. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain. Before i would zoom in to pixel level pretty much and use the magic wand or the lasso tool and go all around the edge. I'm going to try this on a few more images. :)

• 1 month later...
SentaiBrad said djweevil, if you could keep the requests to one thread I would appreciate it. Spamming new threads isn't going to help.
This is a old post from may I wasn't spamming anything.Frown It just dawned on me you deleted my request for the project help to create the clear logos. Not sure why that was especially since it was posted in the monkeys section. Maybe create a request thread for things.

The request was for someone to do a project with me i have time off work to make missing clear logos for launchbox. I have been upping stuff like mad putting in 14+ hour days doing screenshots covers and clear logos. The other was a request for art that i didn't have so if someone had the logo made or the art i could use that. I'm sorry to have upset you. You can delete my posts if need be.