LaunchBox Community Forums

404 error when trying to download new metadata

dylstew

Sure, I've got one! When it's back up, if I select already imported games and click Download Metadata and Images, will it update to the new Metadata if the new data is different? Or will I have to re-add the games to make sure it's all up to date?

The second option will find any empty spots and fill it in with Metadata if it now exists, but currently there is no easy way to replace existing metadata with new metadata if it exists. This week should be LaunchBox Games Database integration week on a deeper level than it already is. The hope is to have LaunchBox know what date you updated your Metadata, and check the server to see if there is any new metadata and download only the new pieces and not everything.

Ah, I wanted to say the error was still there but then I restarted again (forgot to this time) and the error seems to be gone! Thanks :D. It''s okay dude, it's really good software and you guys helped very quickly. Was definitely worth my money, it's so much easier to use than alternatives out there and still great. The only things I'd like to see are the map select for the roms you import allowing you to type in a directory, being able to bulk edit the rom file path (I had done it now with search and replace in Notepad ++), on that screen where you select which files to import to make it able to sort by filetype so I can easily remove stuff like .ips files in program, and a way for it to remember to keep certain stuff unticked on the emumovies image selection screen. The database also doesn't really seem to put in game Series but I'll just do that manually with the search feature. It's all pretty small stuff, but I love how I now finally have something to organize my games with. I've always loved ID3 tagging my music so now I can do it with games too.

You can already filter our the excess file extension. If you add files instead of folder and use the windows search box in the top right hand corner it works great. If you are importing smc and sfc Super Nintendo files, just type ".sfc" or ".smc" and it will filter just those file extension. Click a game then Ctrl + A to highlight all of them, then click add. There are some systems where I had to run the Add Files more than a few times to add all the proper file extensions.