LaunchBox Community Forums

When I add Mame roms I get all the file names

abuimak

When I import my Arcade rom library, I get all the names, so for example, I will get the file that launches the game such as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and I get the files associated with it such as tmnt1.zip. They don't have box art and they are ugly. How can I just import the stuff that I need? Thanks a bunch.

When you imported your Arcade games, it should have popped up with a special MAME importer with checkboxes and region selectors. If you left it at default it should be about 1k games, where as there are 4k games otherwise. That is a more popular game and there should be art for it, though not every game does yet. When you right click and edit the game is it associated to a LaunchBox Games Database ID in the top right if the edit page? It should be a blue link there if it is and should lead to the Database. If there is art there then it didn't download for some reason. If there is no page, that means we don't have it for some reason, and for some reason neither did EmuMovies. If it does have a LaunchBox Games ID but no images, you can download that specific games art in the edit screen, or bulk download them again with the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images after you Ctrl + A all of your Arcade games.

SentaiBrad said When you imported your Arcade games, it should have popped up with a special MAME importer with checkboxes and region selectors. If you left it at default it should be about 1k games, where as there are 4k games otherwise. That is a more popular game and there should be art for it, though not every game does yet. When you right click and edit the game is it associated to a LaunchBox Games Database ID in the top right if the edit page? It should be a blue link there if it is and should lead to the Database. If there is art there then it didn't download for some reason. If there is no page, that means we don't have it for some reason, and for some reason neither did EmuMovies. If it does have a LaunchBox Games ID but no images, you can download that specific games art in the edit screen, or bulk download them again with the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images after you Ctrl + A all of your Arcade games.
^^ Yeah, what they said! I should have checked the forum for an answer. I ended up not checking the box for MAMEmetadata to be forced when adding roms and I thought I couldn't do it. SO, I ended up having to separate my originals from my clones using .BAT files. It took like 4 hours of 1500 lines of code... I should have figured I was doing something wrong lol.