LaunchBox Community Forums

Voice Feature

Lenny

Hi all, I'm currently running the latest version of launchbox and i'm having a problem with the voice recognition feature.

It will only respond to "launchbox" after several times of having to say it. When it does "hear" me it always responds to the commands.

I have tried a wired and wireless headset both have the same results. I have confirmd that the mic that i use is the default device and launchbox

is "hearing" me. I have tried adjusting the slider in launchbox settings but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also I confirmed my device is working 

by using the google voice feature to search the internet and it works there. Any help would be aweome this is the best feature yet and i'd love to 

take advantage of it! As always launchbox is an incredible piece of software! Please keep up the good work!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Thanks, Lenny. It's worth noting that the recognition gets significantly better when it switches into listening mode. We're able to restrict which options are valid when it's listening for commands, but it's trying to pick the prefix words out of any random speech when you tell it to listen, so yeah, it's not overly accurate for the prefix words. The recognition should get better over time, though. Try saying "computer" instead of LaunchBox and see if that helps.

Jason, When I use the word "computer" it works incredible! I played around with it for 5 minutes and its been flawless!

I will spend more time on this in the morning and give you an update. I would also like to mention that I moved the slider

in launchbox voice option to the default of 50, all I had to adjust was my mic sensitivity in windows manager! 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I spent about an hour this morning just using the voice commands and its been incredible! Jason, Thanks for all the hard work

on the best frontend available! For anyone that maybe having trouble, try using the command "computer" like Jason said

and adjusting your mic sensitivity in windows manager.

• Like 1